- Google Opens Universal Analytics For EveryonePosted 60 days ago
- How To Improve Search Traffic With Google+Posted 63 days ago
- Search Photos In Google+Posted 63 days ago
- Google Knowledge Graph PornPosted 63 days ago
- Google Webmaster Tools Now Has Verification DetalisPosted 63 days ago
- Google Accidentally Penalized DiggPosted 63 days ago
- Google: We Penalized BBCPosted 66 days ago
- Google Hires Geoffrey HintonPosted 71 days ago
- Closing Google ReaderPosted 71 days ago
- Google’s Panda Update InfoPosted 71 days ago
3 Great Examples of Capital Letter Use in Web Design
We have been taught right from the beginning with website design that capital letters really need to be used sparingly. The fact is that there is a time and a place to use capital letters in a website design and often, it could actually add something to your website. However, if you use them in the wrong place, it can be a disaster and make your website look a little bit crazy. In order for us to get our heads around where they are well used and where they aren’t, here are a few great uses of capital letters in a web design:
- Matthew Byrne – This is the website for a traditional singer and guitar player and his website is pretty well designed. The homepage of the website contains a photo of himself and the navigation link as well as his logo and a few other bits. The use of the capital letters on this website is mainly within the logo for the singer and his navigation. Because the logo is relatively bold and capitalised, the capital letters also work well for the navigation and the other areas of the site. However, notice that capital letters are not used for standard paragraph writing.
- Dan Ogborn – This is another website for a personal profile and the capital letters are once again used sparingly. Capital letters on this website are mainly used for the logo as well as the navigation to the website. It is also used on the Twitter feed to left hand side of the website but once again this works well. Capital letters are not used for paragraphs again.
- Girleffect.org – This website is a fantastically well designed, colourful but also minimalistic website. The use of capital letters on this website could not be better and it really creates and impact. The capital letters are used for the main navigation as well as the ‘Agree’ and ‘Disagree’ buttons on the homepage. This creates a bold and outgoing website design.
Overall, capital letters can really add to a design but should be used sparingly. Most of the time, it is incorrect to use them for paragraph text too.