- Google Opens Universal Analytics For EveryonePosted 57 days ago
- How To Improve Search Traffic With Google+Posted 60 days ago
- Search Photos In Google+Posted 60 days ago
- Google Knowledge Graph PornPosted 60 days ago
- Google Webmaster Tools Now Has Verification DetalisPosted 60 days ago
- Google Accidentally Penalized DiggPosted 60 days ago
- Google: We Penalized BBCPosted 63 days ago
- Google Hires Geoffrey HintonPosted 68 days ago
- Closing Google ReaderPosted 68 days ago
- Google’s Panda Update InfoPosted 68 days ago
Some of the most common web design faults for small business websites
It is exceptionally important these days for small businesses to have a decent website. However, there are a lot of businesses out there where having a website will probably cause more harm than good because of the quality of the website. The way you need to think of your business website is like an online shop front. If your shop front doesn’t look good, then no-one is going to explore the shop and buy something. Despite this, there are plenty of small business websites out there that make (quite simple) errors. Here are some of the most common:
- Too much stuff on the site – Many people when designing a website will add too much stuff onto the pages. Although this might look good to you, it is confusing for the visitor and it is important to remember that spacing is the key to success on the site. Don’t fill it full of pointless images and content. Just put the information you need in a nice, clean site.
- Poor navigation – The navigation of your website is one of the most important things on the site. It is the way that people will find what they are looking for so if it is poorly designed, people will leave without finding what they wanted. You need to make sure that it is clear and not too complicated when you are designing this. Have just a few buttons that lead to submenus if your site is complex. Never list hundreds of pages on your navigation as it is a death sentence for small businesses.
- Spelling errors – This is something that is not acceptable, especially for businesses. However, there are hundreds of sites that make this mistake. Spelling mistakes are one of the worst things you can ever have on your business website as it shows the small amount of effort and care you have for your business. All you need to do is run a spell check, there is no excuse!
Other common errors include things such as having to text content and using images instead as well as not having any white space. If you don’t feel that you have a creative eye yourself, you really need to get a web design company in on the job.